Hello Earthlings!

Welcome to my blog, i hope you enjoy your stay! Please take some time to browse through my work and leave comments!

Friday 8 April 2011

3. What Kind of Media Institution Might Distribute Your Media Product and Why?

Classic Rock 70,188
Kerrang! 52,2722
Metal Hammer 50,269
Mojo 30,159
NME 48,459
Q  131,330
Rock Sound 20,001
Terrorizer 13,786
Uncut 87,069
Word 34,280



Looking at statistics of magazine sales. I have decided I would like my magazine to be distrubuted by IPC media, this company published NME so therefore have a background knowledge in distrubution in light to magazines. NME sales are one of the most highest grossed sales in the magazine publishing industry. As my genre is pop this company would be pervect in distrubuting my magazine as this is what they are predominantly skilled on. As well as covering a wide range of magazines they also distrubute other aspects of media such as music videos. This means the company would be ideal for promoting and selling the magazine I have produced. They would want to sell my magazine as I have a unique edge and seeling point, something they haven't seen before, and something I feel could create a major profit.

No comments:

Post a Comment