Hello Earthlings!

Welcome to my blog, i hope you enjoy your stay! Please take some time to browse through my work and leave comments!

Friday 8 April 2011

2. How does your media product represent particular social groups?

My magazine is aimed at people with a common interest into pop music. Probably from  the ages of 16-20, However the magazine could also appeal to a wide audience as I used other elements such as interviews with artists who have two genres of music for example "Pop and rock" so this might attract other people with preference to other music genres to my magazine. As my main model is female, it could be suggested that my media product represents females, however I wanted my magazine to be aimed at both genders so therefore I stragically orchestrated the poses and layout of my magazine to fit in with both social groups. The mise-en-scene can also represent social groups, as the clothes my model is wearing fit into the category of general teenage fashion thus linking in with the already cultivating social background of teenagers which fits in with my target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment