Hello Earthlings!

Welcome to my blog, i hope you enjoy your stay! Please take some time to browse through my work and leave comments!

Friday 8 April 2011

Colours for front cover, contents page and double page spread

The colours I used are incorporated fromt he feedback from my questionaire.

For my magazine I wanted to use basic colours which were also eye catching to appeal to the reader. The masthead is bold (White, blod writing in a black frame) which is an eye catching feature which adds effect to my magazine. The other colours which are on my front cover are green, red and black. The green used is part of the background for my main image, I wanted to have a toned down effect and make the cover look fluent. I used red because it is scientifically proven to be the most eye catching of all colours, so therefore using red will again create attention to my magazine and entice the readers. Black was used for my tag lines which make them stand out and easier to acknowldge.


The contents page wass all about "edge" I wanted to create something unique but still have the same themes as the frotn cover so therefore I used the same colours ( green, red white and black) but to a different advantage. For example black was used to emphasise my writing on my tag lines and I used the red for the headings instead of the black which I used on my front cover. By changing the layout and format of the colours I was able to create a bigger effect and make the magazine look more sophisticated and sleek. The background image to the contents page is a grey texture I obtained online, I wanted a texture to make the contents page look more appropriate instead of a white background.


For my double page spread the main colour used is yellow, which was initially used as a background for my model to use for her photograph, this creates a contrast from the colours used in the front cover and contents and makes the page stand out completly. I used the initial theroy of red on this page to portray a quote and make it "lift" of the page. the text used was in black to make reading it easier and manageable.

No comments:

Post a Comment